I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas and an even better New Year. Now that we've brought 2013 kicking and screaming into the present, here are a few of my top 5 lists from the past year in books, movies, and bloggy awesomeness.
Happy New Year to you all!
The Way of Kings (Part One) by Brandon Sanderson
Tomorrow, the Killing by Daniel Polansky
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams
Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
Top 5 movies of 2012The Dark Knight Rises
Marvel Avengers Assemble
The Hunger Games
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Top 5 bloggy happenings of 2012
- I interviewed Jay Kristoff and Daniel Polansky after reading their awesome books
- I was asked to write a guest post about steampunk for Tor Books
- My post about fantasy video games written by women became one of my most viewed posts ever in a matter of hours and got the attention of the trolls of the Interwebs
- I had a complete redesign of the blog's header, layout and colour scheme
- Based on my previous Zombie Fitness Fridays posts, I ceated a brand new blog, Zombie Food to Zombie Fit, to track my fitness journey ahead of the zombie apocalypse
Still to come in 2013So there was some pretty spectacular stuff last year, and I'm hoping to up the ante even more this year. Tomorrow, I'm a co-host for Alex J Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group, so I'll be visiting a few of you to say hi. I'm also going to be co-hosting a blogfest pretty soon (more on this in the future) and I still have a massive TBR tower to whittle down. Add to that all the brilliant looking new fantasy movies and video games, it's going to be a hell of a year.
What are you most looking forward to for this year?